St John Bosco Primary

St. John Bosco Primary School began in 1959 by four Salesian sisters in temporary accommodation with 83 children on the now "Woolworths site". Moved to its current location in Banksia Avenue in 1962, the school was staffed totally by the Salesian Sisters until 1967. Enrolments increased dramatically over the years reaching a peak of 928 in 1991.

The school is four stream, co-educational and caters from Kindergarten to Year 6. The current enrolment stands at 830 and projections indicate that number to be maintained over the foreseeable future.

There has been a real element of stability in the leadership of the school since 1959. Each of the six Principals has formed strong links with the staff and parent community. In 1999 the Salesian Sisters relinquished the leadership of the school but continue a vital presence nevertheless. One Sister is the current Religious Education Coordinator and another is the Pastoral Care Coordinator and liases with parents.

Over the years Engadine has retained its community aspect. Many of the young people who have grown up here have now married and settled in the area and we have a significant number of second generation students in the school. This has undoubtedly helped build a strong sense of community.

 

 

The school motto is "Serve the Lord with Joy".

 

Visit the St John Bosco Primary School website at:

www.sjbpsengadine.catholic.edu.au

College News
Sorry, there are no events scheduled for the coming week.